Monday, February 5, 2018

Angus is teething and we are shrieking in pain

Doug is taking his life into his hands by letting this biting machine smooch him.




The chewing has accelerated.

Save yourselves.

Angus is three months old, and now is the time when his puppy teeth will begin to fall out and his adult teeth will begin to come in. I don't know how painful this is, but he sure is biting a lot. He has elk antlers, Kongs, rope tugs, puffy toys, rolls of paper and tennis balls but what he most goes after is me: my hands, my hair, the hem of my coat, my sweater.

He's lucky he's adorable. And I'm lucky that skin repairs itself.



2 comments:

  1. Madge likes to chew on a frozen washcloth. Wet one, put it in the freezer in a plastic bag and take it out and toss it to her when frozen. Best teething tool ever. Hang in there. At least you're not reading up on when to expect their first heat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that is an excellent tip! I'll try that. And re heat: Rosie was our first female dog and we had her fixed long before that first heat, on recommendation of our vet. Angus will have to be fixed at some point--we have always done it right away (we couldn't bring Riley home from the shelter until after it was done) but now apparently the research shows it's good to wait until they are about 1. I think we will not wait that long. The last thing Angus needs is a big dose of testosterone.

      Delete

Are you looking for Angus stories?

Because of course they never end. But Angus has moved to the Star Tribune---I probably will not be updating this blog much. But you ca...